Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread
It’s that time of year again... pumpkin everything! Jump on the bandwagon with this tasty but nutrient-dense Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread! Whether you eat it for breakfast, dessert, or a pre-run snack, it will not disapoint!. And, because all things are better with peanut butter in Dietitian Rachel’s eyes, she highly recommends you try it warmed up and spread with your favorite nut butter!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I recommend 2% or full fat, not fat free)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (could substitute honey as well)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans to sprinkle on top
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Stir only until combined, but be careful not to over mix.
- Pour mix into a loaf pan coated in cooking spray/butter/oil or lined with parchment paper.
- Top with chopped nuts
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and cracked, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.